Wednesday, May 14, 2003

An Anniversary

It has been one year today that we moved from a 2500 square foot home to our 1488 square foot home. The differences in the mortgages is about as dramatic as the footage. We have done a lot to this little fixer upper. I am hoping our pool will be finished by my daughter's birthday in June. I think I will call it home for awhile and put more of my self and personality into it.

The anniversary brought back a memory when we were remodeling the kitchen . We basically had no where to put anything, there was no flooring in the whole house and Gregg, who cannot stand conflict, had to come out of his unflappable, easy going guy mode and go toe to toe with a slack jawed kitchen installer who was incompetent and had absolutely no integrity. After the confrontation, Gregg had to put in a full days work and the girls and I were left swimming through all the anger and profanity.

I was trying to come up with some creative way to put lunch together and I think I was standing in what might of been the general area of the potential kithchen pretty numb from the drama and my youngest daughter who was five at the time had been playing with her toy guitar and started singing this song she made up. I wrote it down because it was one of those moments when you know Jesus is breaking in ...simple and profound. I was humming it to myself today. In my opinion, 5 year olds are the best theologians ( she is six now and still pretty theologically brilliant).

You have to kinda sing the song to a little bit of a Mary Had a Lttle Lamb rhythm but not the melody.

God loves me more than Microwaves and eggs microwaves and eggs, microwaves and eggs
God loves me more than computers and rabbits computers and rabbits computers and rabbits
God loves me more than milk and crackers. I don't know why he just does

Do you love God for who he is, who he is, who he is, Do you love God for who he is ?
I don't know why I just do.


Thank you Lord for a roof over our heads, loving us and five year-olds

No comments: