Thursday, January 22, 2004


You are cordially invited to a party (please read the fine print)


If you received that invitation from me and then at the bottom, in fine print, it said the theme of the party was a pity party with me as the guest of honor would you come? No you would not, because no matter how great the decorations, food or location the baggage attached would turn the dip and champagne into bitter swill.

That is exactly how I feel about gifts that come with baggage. Is a trip with all expenses paid to paradise a gift if you will have to endure dysfunction, awkwardness and be with out those who bring the only meaning in your life?
Is it a gift to sit in a café in France with someone who will only complain about the brie being too dry? No, some times to have a stale crust of bread in peace and meaningful companionship instead of a steak in paradise with strife and ulterior motives is a much better gift. I am sick to death of so called opportunities that come with conditions.

Fine Print: You have just unknowingly been a guest at my pity party. I apologize.

No comments: