Wednesday, May 07, 2003

I find myself answering to the cross ( my life and its unique trials) that Jesus has asked me to carry while following him, in the same negative pattern. I can't seem to stop the familiar reaction to the "little foxes" in my path. It is like I am an addict . I speak in anger when I know I should not, I despair over temporal things when I know I should not, I React,React, React......I want the mind of Christ, I want the fruit of the Spirit, I want to RESPOND to my temptations based on truth, but today, I have chosen to be the strung out emotional addict to anger, bitterness, and frustration...I was okay this morning, but then I just shifted.......... started to believe the lies. This may be a rapid cycling day, nevertheless... I have become utterly disgusted with myself and I am going to lie down and have my daughter read her library book to me..........

Romans 7: 24-25 Wretched man that I am.......who will rescue me from this body of death? ( not my doctor, not my husband, not my church)..... Thanks be to Jesus Christ our Lord.


Lord forgive me, I am a sinner.
I thank you, because you do not love me as I should be, but as I am
I know you are Lord, even when I fail....be my victory, be my truth...help me replace the wallpaper of lies in my mind with your truth.






No comments: