Friday, May 02, 2003

What I am going to do on my Summer vacation.

I homeschool my two daughters and today is our last day of school!!!!!!!!!!! Not that learning ever stops in the Stokes household but today I turn the last page of my teacher's manual and put down the textbooks. Before I rose to let the cat out, I lay in bed thinking of all the things I am going,or rather, want to do on my Summer vacation:

Take a creative writing class; get a certification to teach the New York City Ballet Workout; Study Greek and Hebrew theology; Go on vacation to the beach, mountains or camping...... whatever appeals; attend a homeschool convention ; workout like crazy ; read and read and read ( especially to the girls --this suffers in the school year) learn to cook some new recipes; spend more time with friends and family ;sew slip covers........wow i'm exhausted already ...If I do only three of these it will be a great summer.

I have butterflies in my stomach, I am elated to be off the treadmill......

Did I mention the Stokes are going to the ocean next weekend! It is our gift to each other. We are going to make sand castles, eat junk food sleep in a really expensive hotel ( we got a comp) and go antiquing.......yahooooooooooo! ( you can tell I don't get out much)

No comments: